Jun 21, 2010

Day 161: Arceus

And on the 4947th day, Arceus created the lands of Kanto and Johto.
Again.
And it was shiny.

 I haven't been playing Pokemon as much as before, but I'm still on the great Pokedex completion mission. Last I checked, I was in the 320s or so out of 493. Darn good, I think.

Anyway, this is a figurine of Arceus, The Original One. Apparently the creator of the entire Pokemon universe, which I find a little odd. If you're lucky enough, and I'm not, you were able to get Arceus for your in-game collection from some sort of Toys'R'Us promo. Which is basically like keeping God in a ball in your pocket. (Which reminds me of summon materia. But that's a completely different game.)

Ugh. I dunno. I hate that Nintendo/GameFreak puts things like this in the games and (usually) makes you attend events, miles and miles away, just to complete one of the game's major goals. And in some cases, these event pokemon don't get released outside Japan. The least they could do is release them over wi-fi, without any limit on dates available, but no, I guess they're not in the business of making paying customers happy.

Erm.

Okay, besides all that, the game is still fun. If Arceus and the other event pokemon hadn't existed in the first place, the game would essentially be exactly the same for those of us who aren't insane enough to drive for hours just for that scrap of data. I just wish they'd be a little more fair about it.

(Incidentally, if anyone reading this wants to lend me some event pokemon over wi-fi, leave a comment with an email address, and we can exchange friend codes and whatever. Even if this post is months old by the time you read it. I'll probably have something worthwhile to offer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment