Jun 3, 2010

Day 143: Marble of Memories

Thoroughly uninspired today, and eventually forcing myself to look for anything half photo-worthy, I take a look around my room as if there was anything new in it. Then I looked up and saw something I often forget I have. It's a souvenir coconut thing from someone's trip to Hawaii, hanging from the hook in the corner of my ceiling. It's carved to look like a cute pair of birdies with little red beaks. I've had it so long that I'm actually not sure when I got it or who gave it to me, but it must have been hanging there for some 10-ish years straight.

So as I take it down to find a place I can give it more light, it makes a funny sound, and I realize there's a marble inside it. That had been there for 10 years. The whole thing was just dustastic. As well as nostalgic and spooky, because it reminded me of when I used to collect marbles and also triggered the memory of when I put that marble there in the first place. The day I put it there was the day I was getting rid of my marbles. I decided to keep just one and hide it up there because I knew I'd forget about it and discover it years later, like a time capsule or something. Boy, do I know me.

So I cleaned the thing off as best as I felt like and got about a dozen photos of the magic marble sitting inside the time-travelling coconut, and this one was my favorite.

Heh. After losing my marbles, I seem to have found one again.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love marbles - I wish I'd been about then as I'd have had them off you! It's nice to find hidden treasure :-)

    ReplyDelete